banner

Friday, September 07, 2007

We have one winner!

Where's the darned drum roll when I want it?

It is our great pleasure to announce the winner of the random drawing for a signed copy of Local Breads: Sourdough and Whole-Grain Recipes from Europe's Best Artisan Bakers.


Bling! Bling! Bling!

Our first winner is:

Robin of Around the Island, written from around her kitchen island in Israel. She tells me it is not a food blog but I see recipes, plates of tasty looking food there, plus: duh, the name. grin

Robin says the book is for her husband, who does most of their baking, some with the help of very small people - which is always challenging! Maybe if we ask nicely, Robin will share pictures and stories of breads from her, I mean her husband's, new book.

We'll be back in a day or two with the winner for the best story. Because choosing a winner is hard. Very hard.

Technorati: | | |

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks.

By incredible coincidence, just last night I made my 2nd batch of the olive "cheeks" that you posted form that book. They're good :)

I'm sure we'll enjoy the book.

Jay

PS As long as I've got your attention - the olive roll recipe says to kneed in the Kitchen Aid on 4. I usually use 1 or 2. My 10 speed KA Artisan was shaking pretty good at 4 and the dough was too wet to do by hand. They came out good anyway but I ended up using a lot more flour than the recipe calls for and having to hold the KA. What am I doing wrong?

PPS My flour weighs 140 grams per cup.

PPPS I always thought 1 ml of water weighed exactly 1 gram. What's up with that?

PPPPS Love your blog - great recipes and seems like you're having fun doing it.

9/08/2007 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEEEEAAAAA!!!!! for Jay!!!(oops, I mean Robin), well, he is apparently one blessed guy. So, yea for Jay!

judyinktown

9/08/2007 12:03 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I see that Jay already thanked you, since he'll be the main user of the book. I'll get to sit back and enjoy the "fruits" of his labor.

Thanks again, we can't wait to get it!

9/08/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger BreadBox said...

Congratulations Robin (and though I entered, I'm kinda glad I didn't win, since I already bought a copy on AYIB's recommendation and wouldn't have known exactly what to do with a second copy:-)

I have a question about Kitchen Aid mixing speeds: I bought a new one a couple of years ago -- the Pro model, and it insists that the bread spiral hook not be used at speeds higher than 2. And their customer support says something like "read the recipe on how to adjust" and I've never seen a recipe that suggests how to adjust....
Any comments/suggestions/volunteering to talk to KA about how full of rubbish they are?

thanks,
N.

9/09/2007 7:59 PM  
Blogger BC said...

I haven't heard more about the contest. Am I missing something?

10/12/2007 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home