banner

Sunday, June 06, 2010

I really did not want to write this post...

I hate posts like this, and writing them is worse than reading them, but I am taking a temporary break here. Let's pretend that's different from recent history somehow...

In this case, I've been ill. Nothing serious but enervating and it leaves me too drained to focus on baking bread, let alone all the other stuff that goes into writing about it. Hell, I barely have the energy to eat bread these days. The last few weeks of pretending otherwise is a big old fail. insert sad face here

My plan is to be back with a shiny new design and focus right after the 4th of July. Cross your fingers and wish me luck. See you then!

btw, A Year in Bread finally got a twitter account! (kitchenMage, Farmgirl Fare, and Seriously Good are also on twitter, though I am the only one who uses my account for more than announcing posts...lots more.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I hope you feel better soon.
Fact- Bread can wait, but life can't. Take care of yourself and don't stress.
:o)

6/06/2010 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Mimi said...

I'm so sorry you're sick and I hope you get better soon.

Is it bad of me to feel relieved that you are only temporarily not blogging??

6/07/2010 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Blogs and recipes can WAIT! Take care of yourself first. And get well soon.

6/13/2010 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too, hope you feel better soon. I enjoy your site and have used many of your delicious recipes. I followed your through your first year and continue today. Get well, my prayers are with you.

6/15/2010 9:01 PM  
Blogger thriftydabbler said...

Have been enjoying your photos of all your baked good. Yummy !

I have baked our bread for the last 40+ years. Nothing like it to connect with life. SO much pleasure in kneading the dough
(I am a retired massage therapist too, so bread-making is right up my alley.)

Your breads look just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your recipes thru this site.

6/23/2010 11:38 AM  
Blogger beachsand said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick.... I know what it is like... I have been sick for weeks and they can't seem to find what is wrong. Take care

7/07/2010 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home